Monday, March 14, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday: On Our Way to St. Patrick's Day!

This week we are getting ready for St Patrick's Day by having a muffin tin every day of the week in the colors of the rainbow.  We started last Friday with our red muffin tin:
Mini pepperonis
grape tomatoes
raspberries and strawberries
raspberry and strawberry gummies
strawberry yogurt
peanut butter and strawberry jelly bread

I just had them fold the bread in half like a sandwich to eat it.

On Saturday they enjoyed the orange muffin tin:

canned carrots
sweet potato fries
orange segments
peach yogurt
shredded cheddar cheese 
breaded fish stick

On Sunday they enjoyed the yellow muffin tin:

pineapple chunks
lemon yogurt
banana pudding
scrambled eggs
peanut butter and banana sandwich (well at least the outside of bananas are yellow

Today they enjoyed the green muffin tin:

Vege sticks (celery, cucumber) and broccoli
mashed avocado for dip
green scrambled eggs
green popcorn
key lime yogurt
spearmint spice drops

I made the green popcorn by following the idea from the Biggest Loser Cookbook.  Make air popped popcorn.  Spray with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.  Sprinkle with seasoning.  They use reduced Parmesan cheese and garlic.  I used lime Jello powder. You alternate spraying 5 times and sprinkling on flavoring til you get to a total of 40 sprays.

The children didn't like it, hubby and I did.

So far they have not liked the yogurt, even though it is a different flavor every day.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I suspect will be a little tricky, blue and purple.  Hmmmm. On St. Patrick's Day we will be having a rainbow muffin tin. 

Linking up over at Muffin Tin Mom's Muffin Tin Monday


  1. I love all of your colorful meals! :)

  2. A super way to introduce different colored foods!

  3. There is something so cool about meals that are one colors. Yours look wonderful!

  4. where do you get round muffin tins? I love seeing your mtm.

  5. green pop corn? I have to try this...I'm a sucker for popcorns! Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Thank you for visiting my blog today. I love to read your comments, so please leave me one if you have the time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails