I saw a sting of silver beads lying on the floor and asked her to get it for me. Together we figured out that the beads needed to be in before the candles did, so I took the candles out and put the beads in, and replaced the candles. Seemed like something was still lacking. So, we took a piece of extra, old garland and cut off a length of it to wrap around the candles on the inside of the jar.
Almost perfect. I decided I wanted to cover the threads at the top of the jar, so we found some ribbon. We just taped that on.
I'm sure you are curious as to what it looks like. Here you go, our spur of the moment, inexpensive Christmas decoration.